NEW EVENT - CLUB TIME TRIAL K33/10D (Members Only)
Stratford Cycle club is pleased to announce the addition of an extra event on the K33/10 D.
Thursday, 20th August 2020 6:30 pm
CLUB TIME TRIAL K33/10D (Dunnington/Norton/Alcester)
See events page for full details
Then after that we have our Hill Climb on the 3rd September.
3rd September Hill Climb - See events page for full details
The event is for club members only, you cannot join on the day of the event. Both first and 2nd claim riders can race the event. Trophies for the ‘winner takes all’ will be awarded to 1st Claim riders only.
Trophies will be awarded to senior male, senior female, and juniors above 12 years of age.
Protocol for club time trials while practicing social distancing.
volunteers and riders that are in high risk groups, shielding or are in age guidelines are advised not to help or ride. We would prefer no spectators, and there will be no marshals on the course.
- Competitors should not attend if they feel ill in ANY way or if family members have any Covid 19 symptoms.
- Social distance at all times.
- Bring your own pen to sign on, and please sign on as Stratford CC
- One person at a time at the sign on desk. Use hand cleaner before signing on and picking up number. No signing on other riders unless parent and no picking another number other than the next number on the signing on sheet i.e. 17 when 1 is available. Pin your own number on and do not ask anyone else to help.
- Please come to the event “dressed to race”.
- You need a working rear light on your bike. No working light no ride. Please bring a mobile with you, if you breakdown during the race it is your responsibility to make arrangements to get back to the start or home. If you have abandoned please inform the organiser or post on the group whatsapp asap.
- No static warmups.
- An elevated resting heart rate or exceptionally quick to react heart rate during warm up can suggest an underlying asymptomatic illness of ANY kind. You should NOT start the event (DNS) and leave immediately. Do not go to the start line if you feel this is the case and notify the organiser of your intention not to start as a result of an adverse warmup.
- Riders waiting to start must stay away from start area until 3 minutes before their start time. Where possible mark lines on road at 2,4 & 6m before start line to enable social distancing.
- At start line timekeeper to stand 2m from start line. Rider to start with one foot on the road. There will be no pusher off. Timekeeper to call riders to start line after rider before has started and check rear red light is on.
- If you should catch up another rider you should try to pass as quickly as possible and must not in any other circumstances ride close behind so that you take shelter from the wind. You must set your own pace and not use another rider as a pace maker. The onus on avoiding company riding shall be on the rider overtaken. Nor is it in order to ride alongside and even to ride a few metres behind for any appreciable distance. In the spirit of the sport, caught riders should not disturb the performance of the rider catching them by repassing and/or riding closely behind them, except when they can sustain that move. This is generally considered to mean that the caught rider should allow a reasonable gap to develop of some 30 to 50 yards/metres.
- Were possible the finish timekeeper and recorder will stand or sit 2m apart at the finish line. If it is raining and social distancing cannot be maintained face covering are to be worn and passenger area to be cleaned at the end of the event. The finishing will be out of bounds to all.
- Once a rider has finished they will return their number to the desk and head home. All numbers will be wiped cleaned before being put back in order. Do not ask the timekeeper your time and do not wait for the times at the end of the race. Times will be published via website and group WhatsApp.
- Competitors on finishing MUST NOT stop at the finish and MUST NOT loiter at the HQ/car park and MUST pack away and leave immediately upon completion of the race.
- Parents to email signed Parental Consent forms to welfare officer.
We hope you have an enjoyable race, stay safe and we look forward to seeing you.
Paul Freeman ( Secretary) 07788 437271